When a shopper wishes to purchase an item, they would comment sold in the comments. If they commented sold and then wish to pass they should comment pass. This lets other shoppers know that the item is available. If someone has already commented sold and someone else wants it too, they can comment sold next. This lets you know that if the person that commented sold ends up passing it would go to the next shopper that commented sold next
Our system will check the party and scan for sold, pass, and sold next comments. If one of these key words are found our system will do the following:
- If a sold comment is found, and you had entered a response message, a reply is sent to the sold comment. No sale is generated at this time. Typically you would include a claim link in the response that the shopper would use to claim the item.
- If a sold comment is found, and the response message was blank, a pending sale is generated.
- If a sold comment is found, and someone had already claimed the item, the shopper will be placed in the sold next queue
- If a sold next comment is found, and someone had already claimed the item, the shopper will be placed in the sold next queue
- If a sold comment is found and the comment also contains "Question" such as "sold pending question", the system ignores this.
- If a pass comment is found, the sale is canceled for that item and put back in stock. If there was a claim next for the item then the a sale is generated for the next person in line.
- When the party has ended, the system will do a final check and create sales entries for all items that were sold but have not been claimed using a claim link.