This page allows you to setup information that is relevant for your business.
If your state requires you to collect sales tax, enter the total amount of sales tax that you need to collect for your state and local agencies. You will need to update this if any of your state or local tax changes so that the correct amount will be collected from your customers.
If you have a merchant account through Braintree and wish to use your account to accept credit card and/or optional Paypal payments from your customers, then you will need to enter your Merchant ID, Public and Private Keys, and Tokenization ID. This information can be found in your Braintree console. Go to the Account Menu and select My User. Scroll down to API Keys, Tokenization Keys, Encryption Keys and click the View Authorizations link. Check the Enabled option to enable the use of Braintree. Set the state to Test Mode or Live Mode based on the type of information you have entered.
Braintree has a test server (Sandbox) that you can use to test how the system works before you signup and is free to use. This gives you access to test credit card number that you can use pay for items. If you are using the Sandbox server, make sure the state is set to Test.
PayPal Express Checkout
If you have a PayPal business account, you can have your customers pay their invoices using PayPal Express Checkout. To enable Express Checkout, enter your merchant ID and click the enable check box.
To get your PayPal merchant ID:
- Log in to PayPal
- Click on Profile in the top right corner.
- In the dropdown, click your name.
- When the page finishes loading, click My business info.
- You will see your merchant ID in the list on the right.
Note: Express Checkout is only available for invoice payments and not available for use with the Point Of Sale.
If you have a Square account, you can link your Square account to be used with our system. Linking your account will allow you to send invoices and accept payments for both invoicing and Point Of Sale.
- To link your account, click the Authorize button
- You will be taken to Square
- Login and authorize My Fashion Emporium to accept and refund payments on your behalf.
- Once done, you will be brought back to My Fashion Emporium.
- The Authorize button should now be green. Select your location from the dropdown, typically their will only be one.
- Check the enable checkbox.
The Sage Processor is used by many bank merchant accounts which typically have better rates. If you have a bank merchant account, check with them to see if they are using Sage. If they are, you can use Sage to accept payments for your invoices and Point Of Sale.
To enable this processor, you will need to get your merchant ID and merchant key from your bank. Once you have this information, simply enter the information here and then check the enable checkbox.
To enable this processor you will need to enter your Publishable Key and Restricted Key which can be found in your Stripe Dashboard and clicking the API menu option on the left.
- Copy the Publishable Key to the Publishable field in the merchant setting.
- You will need to create a restricted key, do this as follows.
- Click the Create Restricted Key button.
- Use My Fashion Emporium for the key name.
- Under the core resources check the read/write for the Charges.
- Click the Create Key.
- You may be asked for your password, if so enter it.
- When you are taken back to the main API page, click the reaveal token for My Fashion Emporium.
- Copy the My Fashion Emporium Restricted Key to the Restricted Key field in the merchant setting.
- Check the Enabled check box.
When done, click the Save Settings button to save your changes.
NOTE: When you enable a processor, this will enable the customer invoicing and the ability to accept credit cards in the point of sale.
We also recommend doing a test before you start using the system for actual sales. This can be done as follows:
- Sell an item to yourself by selecting an item from your listed inventory and then on the menu click sold and fill out the form.
- Go to your Pending Sales.
- Click on the button that looks like a forwarding arrow.
- Select the Send Invoice.
- Wait for the email to arrive. Once it arrives, open the email and click the Pay Invoice Button.
- Review the invoice and if correct, click the Pay Now or Express Checkout whichever is shown.
- If not using Express Checkout, using a Debit/Credit card, fill out the payment form.
- If the payment was accepted, you will be taken to a page that indicates that the payment was successful.
- Now go to your payment processors control panel and see if the payment is there with the correct amount.
- Now go back to your Pending Sales page and refresh it. You should see that the invoice is now marked as paid and you should also have received a notification that it has.
- Uncheck the paid check box and click yes on the warning indicating that the payment will be refunded.
- If you did not get an error, go back to your payment processor's control panel and you should see the refund
- If everything looks good, now you are ready to start accepting payments